Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hiking Up to a Buddhist Temple

I hiked up to a Buddhist Temple on Saturday. The trail starts in the city of Chinhae (there's a narrow boardwalk along a stream) and goes up into the mountains. Lots of interesting statues and beautiful artwork on the buildings. The climb was fairly steep at times and I got to an elevation much higher than the Chinhae Tower. It was a very good work out in a great setting. I was glad that the weather cooperated (there was a chance of rain but is remained cloudy and a bit humid for the duration of my hike).  I only did part of the trail so I plan on going back and hiking more of the mountain. I didn't get a photo of the temple itself since a service was being conducted and I did not want to interrupt/insult anyone.

Chinhae "Boardwalk" and stream

View of Chinhae from the temple (Chinhae Tower is the white speck on the hill just left of center)

Road up to the temple

Entry way to the temple and the statues in the entry way

Some Buddha statues


Some other neat statues

At the snack shop by the trail head after coming back down

Hopefully, when I hike the rest of the mountain, it will be a clear and sunny day.

Nate

2 comments:

  1. Those statues of the people with animal heads are cool, yet creepy at the same time! Looked pretty amazing. Glad you are able to enjoy a little recreation there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it kinda wierded me out when I first saw them. However, now I want one of my own!

    Nate

    ReplyDelete