Monday, May 31, 2010

Hello From Korea!

I can't believe that 2 weeks have already shot by in Korea. Though I miss Liz (and the rest of my family), I hope I have enough time to see all that Korea has to offer.


My job is very interesting and I have the great opportunity to lead over 20 junior sailors who are all very talented. Work has already taken me to Busan and Seoul. Though I've been to those cities for mostly business, I'm hoping to take a weekend here and there to go out explore Korea (other than Chinhae). I've had the chance to go out and walk around Chinhae a couple of times. The Chinhae Tower provides fantastic views of the city and there seems to be a few restaraunts on every block. I've already had the chance to eat some very good food (Korean BBQ, Kimbap, Kimchi, Yube Chobap, Bibimbap, and Rottibuns) and even go grocery shopping at a local store. I'm planning on hiking the nearby mountains soon and check out the Buddhist temple that everyone keeps telling me about. I'll have to post those pictures when I do my hike.

Chinhae Tower in background

Chinhae from the Chinhae Tower

Enjoying Korean BBQ

Chinhae at night

Campaigning before Election Day



That's all for now.

-Nathan

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a great start in Korea. So glad you guys are doing a joint blog... I can't wait to hear and see more of your adventures. Oh, and totally jealous that you went to NZ. It is on my list!

    ReplyDelete