Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day Off in Busan

So, I unexpectedly got Labor Day Weekend off since the ASW Exercise was postponed (thank you Tropical Storm 10W). I decided to get out of Chinhae and tour around Busan. I spent the morning at the UN Memorial Park. It reminded me of Punchbowl in Hawaii. It was a very peaceful set up in South Korea's second largest city. Pictures of some of the monuments are below. I also went to the Busan Aquarium. I saw some sea life that I have never seen before (rock fish, nurse sharks, a bunch of different types of eels, etc..). No pictures from the aquarium since 1. flash photography is not allowed and 2. I've never seen amateur photos of fish at an aquarium turn out all that well. After the aquarium, I walked around Haeundae Beach for a bit but then it started to rain some so I decided to call it a day (I'll be honest, it was also a bit muggy out and since the temperature is not below 75 degrees, it's too hot for me). I'll save the International Market for another day.

UN Forces Monument


Unknown Soldier's Pathway


France Monument with the Great Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africe momument in the background.


Wall of Remembrance


Thai-Korea Friendship Bridge



Memorial Chapel

Today, I clean my room and will try to stay out of the rain.

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment